Thursday, August 14, 2008

Little Zee's Pics: Super Mario Brothers


This movie was made in 1993, but I just got around to watching it. I've wanted to watch it ever since I knew about it, and my curiosity ended up leading me to a copy of it. Now, all the other reviews said it was "A horrible movie. Don't see it."... But I thought it was great! Taking into account the year it was made, and how amazing the actors were, it was a wonderful movie. Now, true, it has almost NOTHING to do with the game series, but it was still a wonderful movie.
It stars Bob Hoskins as Mario Mario, and John Leguizamo as Luigi Mario. (I didn't realize this until about three minutes in, then I was like "No. There's no way, man. That's just too awesome." So, I went to google and, sure enough. It was him. At that point, I just had to watch the rest of the movie) It also had Samantha Mathis as Princess Daisy. (Not Princess Peach, but Princess Daisy.)
One of the ways this movie was different from the game was the Gomba's. Instead of being lovely little brown mushrooms, they were dinosaurs. Or rather, people that got "Devolved" by the evil King Koopa. *aka Bowser, for those not game literate* (Played by Dennis Hopper) And, rather than "King Koopa" being a giant turtle, he was a person. Nothing fancy, just a regular person that evolved from a T-Rex. Also, it revolved around Princess Daisy, not Peach. (Which I thought was a huge improvement.)
Now, what this movie was about:
"
This is the story of two hard working Italian plumber brothers named Mario Mario and Luigi Mario, who befriends a young paleontologist named Daisy. She uncovers a massive find of mysterious new dinosaur bones. While exploring the tunnels where dinosaur fossils lay, saboteurs hired by the Mario Bros. rival businessman, Anthony Scapelli, to break some underground pipes. Meanwhile, in a hidden world called Dino-world, King Koopa's land is running out of water and going through problems so he sends Spike and Iggy to kidnap Daisy! Now the Super Mario Bros. find themselves the only hope to save the Earth from invasion then challenge a diabolical lizard king and they must battle giant reptilian goombas, outwit misfit thugs and undermine sinister scheme by taking over the world" (Taken from IMBD; written by Written by Anthony Pereyra {hypersonic91@yahoo.com}, because I'm too lazy to type it out.)

I
think that everyone needs to see this movie, as silly and old as it may be.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home