Sunday, June 08, 2008

Bad Movie Night 6/4/08- I'm Gonna Get You Sucka!

This movie was bad... in such a very very good way. Usually we don't watch parodies and comedies for Bad Movie Night. But, I am certainly glad that this movie came up because it made me laugh more than any movie that I've seen this year. For the most part the jokes were funny and their was still plenty of movie to make fun of. The plot takes elements from several different types of blacksploitation films and brings them all into one movie. A lot of the jokes are predictable, not including the plethora of running gags. My favorite scene is when Kung Fu Joe gets pulled over by the cops. I was laughing about that for about a week after seeing the movie.

The story takes place in "Any Ghetto USA" and focuses on two women who have lost a son and a husband respectfully. He died of wearing too many gold chains. A returning son and love interest (Keenen Ivory Wayans), again respectfully, decides to avenge his brother's death. He gathers together a group of black heroes and starts going down the road of black heroism himself. Together they run the mob boss "Mr. Big" out of town. Taking the law into their own hands.

If you've seen a few blacksploitation films from the 70's then you might really enjoy this movie. There are plenty of jokes that will be a lot funnier if you are familiar with the genre as a whole. Though I wouldn't try to sway you from seeing this movie if you are just looking for a cheap laugh. Pay close attention some of the jokes are pretty subtle.

Blood: There are some bloody moments but they are so damn funny that I have to appreciate them more for the jokes than for my usual enjoyment of violence.

Babes: There are some women who are supposed to be attractive, judging from the male character's reactions, but I didn't really see anything that I was very attracted to.

Baddie: The main bad guy, Mr. Big is completely forgettable and is barely in the movie. Sure he plots the protagonist's demise but he isn't too bad.

Boom: There is some awesome boomage in this film. The action is for the most part comical but it's supposed to be that way.

Bad Acting: If anything the acting is really well done for the type of movie this is. I enjoyed the actor's timing and the chemistry between the actors.

Overall Rating: 6/10

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home